We are delighted to announce that we can once again offer our self-guided South Downs Way walking holidays from 01 August – 31 October 20 and we are of course also taking bookings for 2021. We will be as flexible as possible in terms of payments and amendments so if you have any doubts or questions, please get in touch and we will do our very best to accommodate you.
Rest assured that we, along with all our accommodation providers and other partners, are working hard to ensure that we provide you with an experience that is both enjoyable and safe. All the accommodation providers we work with are complying with all the relevant government guidelines, including but not limited to enhanced cleaning and social distancing measures, whilst minimising any disruption or inconvenience.
While everyone involved will endeavour to keep everything as ‘normal’ as possible, there will be a few things which will be a bit different to what we are all used to:
- Breakfast serving times are likely to be more limited and at some B&B’s a continental breakfast will be served to your room.
- For lunches and evening meals it is essential that you book well in advance as capacity will be limited, for more information please see your Trip Notes. Please note that many establishments will only accept contactless/card payments.
Each accommodation provider, pub, restaurant etc will have their own measures in place. Your co-operation and understanding would be very much appreciated.
- First and foremost, make sure you stay up to date with government guidelines: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus. Check this regularly as advice and regulations can and do change very quickly.
Some of the relevant current guidelines include:
- Do not travel if you have any covid-19 symptoms (see government guidelines)
- Do not travel if you are vulnerable to covid-19
- Follow social distancing guidelines
- Ensure you have a face covering, this is currently mandatory on public transport and recommended in certain other indoor settings
- Ensure you have hand sanitiser and sanitise and/or wash your hands as regularly as possible
This is not an exhaustive list and guidelines are subject to change so please stay up to date: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
What we will do:
- Ensure as far as possible that all our accommodation providers and other partners are following all relevant government guidelines
- Bag transfers – ensure the person delivering your bags either wears gloves, sanitises their hands each time before handling your luggage and/or wipes luggage handles with antibacterial wipe
- Holiday packs – ensure the person putting the packs together for you has clean/sanitised hands
- Work hard to ensure that your holiday is not just safe but fun and enjoyable as well, that is the whole point after all!
Lastly, we would just like to say a big thank you for choosing to take a walking holiday on the South Downs this year. You are helping to support lots of local businesses that are going through a very challenging time. We are very confident that with all the measures in place and if everyone involved uses a bit of common sense that you will enjoy a trip that is safe, fun and memorable for all the right reasons. The best thing is that there are no restrictions that can affect the beautiful scenery and nature that the South Downs have to offer!